These days, the demand for quinoa has gradually risen as it is a complete protein and fantastic wheat-free alternative. Quinoa has an excellent amino acid profile, as it contains all nine essential amino acids making it a complete-protein source. Therefore, Quinoa recipes is a superb choice for vegans who may struggle to get enough protein in their diets.
Quinoa is gluten-free, and cholesterol-free whole food has a low glycemic index, which is good for blood sugar control. Quinoa being high source fiber, vitamin E, magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, and various beneficial antioxidants it helps in the prevention and treatment of disease.
Nutriwish Quinoa is very easy to integrate into your food. It is also yummy and goes well with many foods. It takes less time to cook than other whole grains and even cooks quicker than rice quinoa recipes tastes great on its own. I’m going to talk about different quinoa recipes in this article. Quinoa expands almost to four times its size when cooked. It’s rich in nutrients and is a complete protein.
Lemon Quinoa (Pulihora)
|2 cup Quinoa||1-inch piece of ginger, grated|
|Juice of 2 lemons||2 green chilies slit lengthwise|
|1 teaspoon coriander seeds||¼ th cup of chopped coriander leaves|
|½ cup peanuts (roasted & unsalted)||3-4 curry leaves|
|1 teaspoon mustard seeds||4 cups water|
|2 tablespoons cooking oil||Salt to taste|
- In a saucepan, combine the quinoa, water, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until quinoa is tender about 10 minutes. Cool slightly, then fluff with a fork.
- In a wok, gently dry roast and then coarsely grind the coriander seeds into powder and set aside. Keep stirring continuously while cooking as coriander seeds tend to burn quickly.
- Now in the same wok, heat the oil and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, and green chilies and saute.
- Now add the ginger and peanuts and keep stirring for another minute.
- Add the turmeric powder and turn off the burner.
- Add the cooked quinoa, roasted coriander powder and salt to taste and mix thoroughly. Adjust salt if needed before serving.
Quinoa Vegetable Salad
|1 cup cooked quinoa||¾ cup diced fresh tomato|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice||¼ cup chopped spring onion|
|2 tablespoons olive oil||2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil|
|½ cup diced cucumber||1 tablespoon minced garlic|
|½ cup diced capsicum (red/yellow/green)||1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh coriander<|
|1 cup french beans (parboiled)||1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint|
|⅓ cup quartered pitted olives||¼ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed.||Salt to taste.|
- Take a small bowl, place lemon juice, minced garlic, oil, and basil; mix well. Set aside for dressing.
- In a large bowl, gently toss cooked quinoa and all the remaining vegetables (cucumber, capsicum, beans, olives, corn, tomato, and spring onions). Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Just before serving quinoa recipes, season with coriander leaves, mint leaves, salt, and black pepper powder and gently stir until evenly mixed. Garnish with basil leaves if desired.
|½ cup Quinoa||Pinch of Asafetida (hing)|
|3/4 chopped mixed vegetables||1-inch piece of ginger, finely chopped|
|¼ teaspoon cumin||3 – 4 Curry leaves|
|¼ teaspoon mustard||2 green chilies slit lengthwise|
|1 teaspoon urad dal||¼ th cup of chopped coriander leaves|
|1 teaspoon channa dal||1 cup water|
|1 ½ teaspoon cooking oil||Salt to taste|
- Wash and soak quinoa for about 20 min, meanwhile chop the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, channa dal, urad dal and fry until they turn golden. Add hing, veggies and stir for 2-3 minutes. Pour water and add salt.
- Drain off water from quinoa and add it to boiling water. Cook on a medium flame until quinoa is cooked thoroughly and absorbs water if there is more water cook for a longer time and evaporate.
|3 cups cooked red or white quinoa (from 1 cup uncooked)||1/4 cup red onion, diced|
|5-6 cups mixed greens||1 orange, segmented|
|1 cup cooked black beans (seasoned with equal pinches sea salt, cumin, chili, + minced garlic)||1/2 ripe avocado, chopped|
|1/2 cup fresh sweet corn||1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped.|
|1/2 ripe avocado||1/4 teaspoon cumin powder|
|4 tablespoon lemon juice||1 tablespoon fresh minced coriander|
|3 tablespoon orange juice||Pinch of pepper powder|
|1-2 teaspoon of honey||Salt to taste|
|1-2 teaspoon hot sauce||Optional: 3-4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil|
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend it until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- In a large bowl, gently toss cooked quinoa and all the salad ingredients and serve with dressing on the side, or toss with dressing before serving.
- Just before serving, season with coriander leaves and 3-4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
Vegetarian Quinoa Stuffing
|1 cup quinoa||½ cup dried cranberries|
|1 medium onion , chopped||½ cup chopped walnuts|
|2 cloves garlic , finely chopped||2 Tbsp . olive oil|
|8 medium celery stalks , chopped (about 4 cups)||1 tsp . ground cumin|
|4 ½ cups chopped vegetables||½ tsp . ground black pepper|
|2 ¼ cups vegetable broth||½ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves|
|6 bread slices||Salt to taste|
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onions, garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add celery and other vegetables; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Reduce heat to low and add cubed bread and nuts, stirring to combine well.
- Add vegetable broth until bread is well moistened. Add quinoa, grounded cumin powder,salt, pepper and gently toss to combine well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until most of liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Add cranberries. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves; fluff with fork and serve.
Vegetarian Quinoa Burritos
|½ cup quinoa rinsed||2 teaspoons lime juice|
|1 onion chopped||1 cup frozen organic corn thawed|
|1 jalapeno seeded and minced (optional)||¾ cup shredded zucchini|
|4 cloves garlic minced||¾ cup chopped tomatoes|
|⅔ cup vegetable broth||⅛ tablespoon chipotle chili pepper powder optional|
|⅓ cup sour cream OR Greek yogurt dairy or nondairy||4 whole wheat or gluten free tortillas|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander||1 cup Cheddar Cheese|
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion and jalapeno and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Add quinoa and garlic and sauté for another one minute.
- Add vegetable broth, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for about half an hour. Remove from heat and allow to sit covered for five more minutes.
- Now take a small bowl and combine sour cream, coriander leaves, lime juice and chipotle chili pepper.
- In a large wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add corn and zucchini and cook until tender. Now add tomatoes and cook for one more minute. Remove vegetables from heat.
- Heat tortillas a few minutes per side. Spread with a thin layer of sour cream. Top with ¼ cup cheese, ¼ of the quinoa and ¼ of the vegetable mixture. Roll up using toothpicks to secure.
- Take a skillet pan to medium heat and spray with oil. Add two burritos to the pan and cook each side until browned.